Dienstag, 14. Februar 2017

Choices Part 2

"So that's it. I will be playing Khador and Circle Orboros for the next 6 month and I am excited and curious how it will pan out."

This is a quotation of one of my first posts made on this blog. As I mentioned before, I suffer extremely from faction ADD and with this post I was trying to force myself to keep playing only one (or two things) at a time. Two weeks later I think I will fail to do so ;) I know I am weak, but after playing Circle Orboros in a tournament a week and a half ago I feel the urge to play Cygnar and Cryx. But first things first.

CIRCLE ORBOROS
I had much fun playing Circle Orboros in the last tournament, although I need to improve my placing and learn to think one round ahead when planning my turns with this high mobile, but fragile faction. I still want to play Wurmwood and Baldur2. When I followed the Las Vegas Open, which took place last weekend I was intrigued by the Baldur2 list including a Stomraptor on Una1 Tom Guan played there to good success. So I decided to buy and paint one and try his list.
I also refined my Wurmwood list to include a third Woldwyrd to play him a little more as a gunline type of list. The lists I want to try look like this:

Baldur 2
- Megalith
- Pureblood
Una 1
- Stormraptor
Ogrun Bokur x2 (cliented to Sentry Stones)
Gobber Chef
Sentry Stone x2
Shifting Stones
Swamp Gobbers Bellow Crew

Wurmwood
- Cassius
- Megalith
- Pureblood
- Woldwyrd x3
Gallows Grove
Blackclad Wayfarer
Sentry Stone x2
Shifting Stone x2
Min Bone Grinders
Gatormen Bokur and Shamblers

I am also looking foreward to playing Kaya3, Una2 (more than before the errata), Tanith and Baldur1 with a Woldwrath. And of course I am eager to play Loki !!! So I will stick with Circle Orboros for the time being. There is so much to discover.

KHADOR
I really was looking foreward to playing Khador this year. But right now I am a little down on them. As mentioned before I try to play only painted and I cannot get myself to paint khador models right now. The only model I finished recently is this Devestator.
I am happy with how he turned out, but right now my attention is caught by other things. So I don't think I will be playing Khador in the near future. Maybe I will return to them later in the year, we'll see.

CYGNAR
This is the faction I am most enthusiastic about right now. With the release of Theme Forces there are so many casters out there I want to put on the table. Nemo3, Stryker1, Maddox and of course Haley2 and Haley3. I recently finished painting Laddermore, three Storm Lances and Nemo3.
I really like how these turned out and right now I have 2 more Fireflys and two more Storm Lances on my painting table and will pick up two more Chargers at the next tournament in Erfurt in a week and a half. I haven't decided which faction I will be playing in Erfurt, but Cygnar is very high on that list !!!

CRYX
This is an actual picture of my painting table. Ghost pirates everywhere !!! I am very intrigued to play "The Ghost Fleet" Theme with Denny1, after a friend of mine told me how good it turned when it was put on the table. I couldn't get myself to paint 3 full units of zombie pirates, so I went with the theme and painted them as ghosts. I really liked how they turned out. Two units are finished, only needing to get snow onto their bases. The third unit is primed and will get a wash when I get home from work today. I have a few practise games lined up for Thursday and I hope these will be finished by then.

CONCLUSION
First of all, I won't be making any promises what I will be playing in the future any more ! I have to accept my addiction and live with it ;) So expect battle reports from various factions on this blog in the future. On Thursday I will put Cryx, Cygnar and Circle Orboros into my bag and we will see what gets put on the table. After these practise games I have to decide which faction I will take to Erfurt.

Let's see who will be chosen...




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen