Dienstag, 7. Februar 2017

Munich WM/Hordes Tournament Vol. 02 - Round 4 (Battle Report #4) Wurmwood vs Doomshaper2

Prologue
In round 4 I was going to face Max, again from the Rosenheim Meta and he brought Trollbloods. His pairing was Doomshaper2 and Ragnor. I expected to face Doomy, so I picked Wurmwood again. This time I was right and there we go.


Note
Before writing this report I want to point out, that we played the game thinking that a unit can score a zone when 50% of it where standing in it. Turns out the unit must be obove 50% of its unit size and the whole unit has to be in the zone. So I scored points in this game where I shouldn't have and I want to apologize to my opponent for that. Luckily it didn't mean that the wrong guy won ;)


Lists
Wurmwood1 (Wurmwood Tree of Fate & Cassius) -27
 - Cassius the Oathkeeper 0
 - Ghetorix 21
 - Gorax Rager 7
 - Pureblood Warpwolf 17
 - Woldwyrd 9
 - Woldwyrd 9
 Shifting Stones 3
 Shifting Stones 3
 Sentry Stone & Mannikins 5
 Sentry Stone & Mannikins 5
 Gatorman Bokor and Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers 11
 Farrow Bone Grinders (Leader and 3) 5
 Ogrun Bokur (Client: Wurmwood) 5
 Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew (Leader and 1) 2


Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia -27
- Dire Troll Mauler 15
- Earthborn Dire Troll 15
- Mulg the Ancient
- Rök
- Troll Axer 10
 Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress 4
 Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (Leader & 3) 6
- Stone Scribe Elder 3
 Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew 2
Northkin Fire Eaters 7



Deployment
I got first turn and I think I made a big mistake with deployment here. The obstacle on the right side was just so far in the zone, that it was possible to stand behind it and to be in the zone. What I should have done is deploying Wurmwood there and port him up right behind the obstacle with Shifting Stones. There he would be able to dominate the zone and be in absolut safety from his beasts. I thought he would be safe on the left side behind or in the forest as well, turned out I was wrong.

Game
I run up my army to be just outside of thread ranges and try to Claim as much board space as possible. A few Mannikins run up to try and bait the Fire Eaters in.
Fire Eaters take the bait, only killing two mannikins with sprays. Doomy puts 5 fury into the stone and the beasts run in position. Earthborn casts Earth Blessing.

My plan is to go for the Earthborn here with my Woldwyrds and Feat, so he wouldn't be able to do much in return. So the Woldwyrds advance within 10" of the Earthborn and thanks to purgation almost kill him. Sadly he lives on 3 boxes or so. The Pureblood moves up and does enough damage with his spray to remove him. The Bokor runs behind the obstruction to be able to score the Zone on the next turn. Wurmwood moves into the forest and Pops Feat.
I made many, many positioning mistakes here. Wurmwood is to far off on the left so his Feat doesn't have much impact here. Ghetorix is too far up for no reason. And finally I totally forgot about Doomy2's field marshal: overtake. This is going to hurt, badly.


It's go time for Trolls. He is able to see a few Mannikins, a Woldwyrd and the Pureblood because of my poor positioning and he takes the opportunity. Both Rök and Mulg get Rush, Doomy feats and puts Earth Blessing up on himself. The Mauler charges the Pureblood but only hits him twice, so he lives. Mulg charges in and with Overtake is able to kill the Woldwyrd and getting to Ghetorix, doing a decent amount of damage. Then Rök charges in and kills the world. After he is finished he removed 2 Mannikins, Ghetorix, Cassius, 2 Shifting Stones, breaking both units and ends his activation in melee range of Wurmwood. I didn't see this coming and it was absolutely devastating. Wurmwood is now stuck in place, because both stone units can't teleport anymore and Cassius is gone. Sad face. I score a point in the right zone (which I shouldn't have, because 3 Shamblers are out of the zone) 1:0
I lost the attrition battle and was looking for openings here. His caster had 0 fury on him and Earth Blessing up. My only chance was to get the remaining Woldwyrd to shoot and maybe kill Doomy. The Pureblood gets primaled and kills the Mauler, freeing the Woldwyrd. LOS to Doomy is blocked from the Stone Scribe Elder, so the first shot goes into him, forcing a tough check. I needed to boost the damage to get the numers needed. He made his tough check but now is knocked down so the Woldwyrd could draw LOS to Doomy. I needed 11's to hit with an additional die because of purgation. If both the remaining shots hit, it would force a tough check on Doomy on average dice. Sadly, both shots miss. Wurmwood casts a Hellmouth on a Sentry Stone, pulling Rök out of his melee range. I went to 2:0 (again, which I souldn't have).

Sadly there is a Picture missing here. My Opponent pulled all Fury from Rök. Mulg and the Axer frenzy. Mulg only did 5 damage to the Bokur, the Axer killed the Pureblood with his charge, giving Wurmwood back 4 Fury for transfers. Doomy casts Rush onto Rök and he killed 2 Shifting Stones, overtaking and berserking his way to Wurmwood. But because of abysmal dice and 4 Transfers Wurmwood lived on 6 health. Score goes to 3:0
I tried to win on Scenario here, but it wasn't enough (Luckily). Rök gets pulled out by a Hellmouth again and then Wurmwood puts Curse of Shadows on him. The Woldwyrd almost kills Rök by himself because of purgation. The Bokur advances, doing the last points of damage nedded to kill Rök. I tried to find a way to clear the Zone, but I couldn't find one. Score is 4:0
Wurmwood is on 1 HP, so this is game. The Axer puts Rush on Mulg and kills the Bokur which fails his tough roll. Mulg overtakes his way to Wurmwood killing him in one hit.
A loss for Circle Orboros through Assassination!
Analysis
What a game. I really enjoyed it the whole way through and I am really glad that I lost this one. Would have been very sad to win it via scenario when I shouldn't have scored a single CP. Sorry Max, that was my fault and I really felt bad when I realised that when I got home. But luckily I lost. I really gave the game away on my Feat turn due to really bad positioning and forgetting about Overtake. Otherwise I think I am in a really good position because if the split zone scenario.
I finished the tournament 2:2 and ended up in 6th place out of 13 players. Leo (my 2nd round opponent) won the event with Cygnar and Max got 2nd place with his Trolls. Congratulations to them.

Looking forward I don't know what to play in the next event. I will attend a tournament weekend in two and a half weeks in Erfurt (a Single Player Steamroller on Saturday and a 3-Man Team Tournament on Sunday). I could play Una2 with 7 Griffons and Wurmwood, but i don't know if I feel like doing so. We will see. Expect a blog post on this matter soon.

















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen