Montag, 6. Februar 2017

Munich WM/Hordes Tournament Vol. 02 - Round 2 (Battle Report #2) Wurmwood vs Nemo3

Prologue
In round 2 I was going to face another member of the Rosenheim Meta, and he was bringing Haley3 and Nemo3. I expected him to take Haley3, so I decided to take Wurmwood. Turns out I was wrong so the mach-up ended up being Wurmwood vs Nemo3. Off we go.


Lists
Wurmwood1 (Wurmwood Tree of Fate & Cassius) -27
 - Cassius the Oathkeeper 0
 - Ghetorix 21
 - Gorax Rager 7
 - Pureblood Warpwolf 17
 - Woldwyrd 9
 - Woldwyrd 9
 Shifting Stones 3
 Shifting Stones 3
 Sentry Stone & Mannikins 5
 Sentry Stone & Mannikins 5
 Gatorman Bokor and Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers 11
 Farrow Bone Grinders (Leader and 3) 5
 Ogrun Bokur (Client: Wurmwood) 5
 Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew (Leader and 1) 2


Nemo3 (Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Adept Finch) -25
- Dynamo 18
- Firefly 8
- Lancer 10
- Squire 0
 Storm Lances (Leader and 4) 20
 Storm Lances (Leader and 4) 20
 Major Katherine Laddermore 8
 Journeyman Warcaster 4
- Firefly 8
 Captain Arlan Strangewayes 4
 Stormblade Captain 0
Theme Force: Storm Division


Deployment
I got to go first. My plan was to take my own flag with Wurmwood and keeping him safe by putting his forest between the obstruction and the existing forest and win on Scenario from there.
 Game
Stuff runs and I put up a forest with my Sentry Stoones between the forest and the fog, blocking line of sight to my heavies. Shifting Stones port Wurmwood up behind the forest. He casts a forest as mentioned in deployment and put Spiny Growth up on himself.
His whole army runs nearly full speed. Because he is afraid of my Woldwyrds no upkeep spells are cast.
Feat turn. I port Ghetorix up to kill two Storm Lances in the middle, a Woldwyrd killing the third. On the left flank a fully boosted Mannikin spray kills another one, thanks to no upkeep. The second Woldwyrd only manages to put 6 damage on Laddermore. Shamblers run to engage Lances on the right flank. Gobbers put up a cloud, Bone Grinders kill each other for 2 souls. Cassius runs in position and Wurmwood casts a Stranglehold on Dynamo. It connects and does a few points of damage, so Dynamo is strangleheld. He brings Cassius back to safety and then pops Feat. I forget about scenario and nothing contests his flag, so he will score on his turn.
The only Lance left on the left flank runs to engage and contests my flag. Nemo advances to his flag, shoots down the enganging Shamblers freeing up the Lances on the right flank. They go in and kill Shamblers, Mannikins, Gobbers and doing good numbers on the Woldwyrd. The Lancer runs to engage Ghetorix and Dynamo shuffels a bit, staying in the zone. Nemo scores a Point. 0:1
Cassius kills the last Lance on the left side and creats a forest. Ghetorix and the Pureblood both get primaled and ported by Shifting Stones. Together they remove Dynamo, a Lancer, a Firefly and the Stormblade Captain. Ghetorix also contests Nemos flag. A Woldwyrd kills a Lance in the middle. I am not able to remove another Lance on the right flank. Wurmwood ports himself up to Cassius into the forest and base to base with the flag. He also casts Spiny Growth on himself and camps 3. The score goes to 1:1.
I really felt good about my last turn and up on attrition. But holy god was I wrong. Nemo3 feats and kills the world. When the dust settles he removed Ghetorix, the Pureblood, a Worldwyrd, many Shamblers and broke one Shifting Stone unit. His dice were really hot here. We both scored on our flags, so the score goes to 2:2.
This turn was an absolut mess. I only was able to kill two Lances, one with a Woldwyrd and one with the Gatorman Bokor. Otherwise I didn't accomplish much and I slowly run out of steam. Gorax runs to contest his flag, Shifting Stones try to get in the way and I score. 3:2
Sadly there is a Picture missing. Laddermore goes to town and kills the Gorax with one charge and her assault shot (crazy dice). The remaining Lance kills my Gatorman Bokor and he fails his tough roll. Cassius gets killed (can't remember who did it) and the remaining Lance repositions to contest my flag. Score goes to 3:3
I am able to kill the Lance and try to find a way to clear the zone, but I don't have enough left to do so. So the score goes to 4:4.
He runs the Junior up to contest and scores his final control point and I lose 4:5 on scenario.
Loss for Circle Orboros on Scenario


Analysis
What a game! After my turn 3 I felt in really good and strong position. I was up on attrition and on scenario. But Nemo was able to perform a really good comeback, crippling my forces. Once my two heavys were gone I went out of steam and slowly loosing the attrition battle. I really enjoyed this game against a great opponent. I think it's a tricky match-up for both sides, with many options and angles and that is when Warmachine is the most fun. Sidenote: Nemo3 didn't cast any upkeep spells the whole game ;) (I love Woldwyrds)
So 1:1 after two rounds, let's see who I get next.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen